• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability?
12-09-2020, 05:34 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability?
What a great thread and some great contributions. It's good to see this hobby we all enjoy so much alive and well. I'm not going to wade in except to say I have not been put off just got to wait for Mrs Santa it's certainly top of my list. Which I might add also includes one of the Japanese titles probably 46 just because it's a bigger Campaign and also a couple or if lucky 3 of the Napoleonic's which I'm only now just starting to enjoy.  
   Also I want to add that it's these titles that are responsible for me at least increasing my knowledge ten fold on WW2 I started with Normandy many moons ago because that was the latest title and I had never heard of Smolensk at that time. After Normandy Smolensk soon followed along with a whole heap of books and wow all the Pz titles except the two in the Pacific. I still personally prefer the East Front games just because that part of the conflict always interested me more though Bulge and Normandy are way up there they both play very well. Others would argue for the desert and the only reason the Japanese titles are missing from my collection is the Pacific I'm afraid is rock bottom on my interest list sorry about that it's just the way it is. Sorry I've waffled loads now and gone completely off topic except to say that it's each to their own and every now and then you find something else your really not looking for at that time and then you got to run with it. I'm looking forward to playing the Scheldt 44 Campaign I know only that it was something that was supposed to be done a lot sooner than what it was and became overshadowed by events elsewhere but no doubt there are some great books and I personally will have a lot of fun with it.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability? - by typhoon - 12-09-2020, 05:34 AM