• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability?
12-08-2020, 07:49 PM,
RE: Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability?
(12-08-2020, 02:29 AM)All_American Wrote: Scheldt '44 is a superbly researched and delicately crafted game, I am so far thoroughly enjoying my time with it. Not just playing it but also reading the design notes, and following the historical narrative alongside scenarios. Absolutely amazing title.

Implying that it is not worth the money is doing disservice to the amazing work put out by the team. It is not the first time this is happening either, as similar criticisms (by the same people nonetheless) were also directed towards Japan '45-'46 series.

Please take a moment and compare the quality of work WDS puts into each and every single one of its titles to other games on the market, wargame or not. I believe that would (or should, anyway) prompt you to change your tone.

As a vocal critic of Japan '45, I take exception to your suggestion that I did a disservice to that title. I assume you include me in your generalization about a group that you refer to as 'the same people nonetheless'. Perhaps you could provide a list of names and explain which of the criticisms that these individuals made were baseless. Presumably you are aware that it was accepted that mistakes had been made in this title and that changes were required?

However, you say that these 'same people' have been doing a disservice to Scheldt '44. Apparently the same group has done this by implying the game is not worth the money. Oddly, I cannot find a single example of this let alone multiple examples by a group. Still I look forward to you providing quotations made by the members of the group that back up your statement.

The really important point here is that when people attack the right of others to express opinions it discourages meaningful discussion. Concerns have been raised in this thread and the designer and others have had a chance to respond. This is valuable process and provides useful information for everyone interested in these issues. Long may it continue.

These games are great but they are not perfect and they are not all created equal so I and others have opinions and preferences and should be free to express them. Of course, you are just as free to express your opinions but accusations should be backed by evidence if you want them taken seriously.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 - Realism versus Playability? - by Green - 12-08-2020, 07:49 PM