• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
11-17-2020, 08:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 08:06 PM by -72-.)
RE: Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
Just trying to save you an un-necessary headache  .. :)  ...   if you get super into things, you can rename the weapons files in the weapons.dat file -then rate things to whatever you want in the pdt.

I made a bunch of different combination pike to shot ratio combinations - also put together a White Mountain oob that I used in a scenario that I created for REN (as a combat model -and command range test). 

I probably ought to go and un-redact all of that stuff now as it might make a lot more sense than when I was sworn to their vow of secrecy . . . 

I can't help you with the audio glitches- I never play their sound - a habit I got into when playing some of their really big scenarios in other series and I wasn't overly interested in spending the extra time listening to a bunch of AI fire (Minsk '44 --- I still love ya ... but I mean ... seriously Big Grin  ... lots of units in that one).

-if i had to give anyone one tip- is really watch spacing - as if something doesn't load up it could be something, literally, as stupid as a comma where the engine might have expected only a period (yes, I did inherit someone else's OOB file that had that exact problem ... those ones are always 'fun' to work out... especially when you know for a fact there is absolutely no way that person could have tested their OOB file because ... well... because it couldn't load up ... as in... ever. Big Grin #War Stories don't mind me lol.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch - by -72- - 11-17-2020, 08:04 PM