• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to create new hard - soft values for new units Japan 45?
09-06-2020, 08:33 AM,
RE: How to create new hard - soft values for new units Japan 45?
Start small and learn before you go big is a smart way. As far as i know there is no real rule of thumb,theres been many designers over the years and as you can imagine they have there own ways and ideas but you can learn from past games and use them as guides to create new games and or scenarios by working off of those ideas that already work or adjusting some.

OOB work involves alot of research and ideas. Bolt OOB was completely redone and not anything near vanilla but involved lots of hours and months of work. Midge had an idea that i followed all the way through and set as my guide and that was every new variant needed to show a difference than the last and just having a 20 to 21 HA different didnt show enough so we went with 3, just about everything in the OOB is by 3s. From here i figured out what i wanted for the worst tank in the game. (21). And then the best (42) which also lead to higher numbers so we could show a bigger difference between a T55 and a Challenger. Once you establish the best and the worst its easier to fill in the ones in between using armor protection, gun and any other info you can find.

Its all about the research and having multiple sources, most sources copy someone else. More are wrong than right so you cant get your mindset on what 1 says but there is some holy grails out there but require lots of digging to find. If your looking for Japanese info then searching in Japanese on Japanese websites will get you better info. French then search in french. You will get much better info and meet people that live there that have better answers than English sites.
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to create new hard - soft values for new units Japan 45? - by Aaron - 09-06-2020, 08:33 AM