• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
08-11-2020, 07:26 AM,
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
All advice is good, and CheerfullyInsane is spot on in the analysis of the scenario.

(08-03-2020, 09:07 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I think you are going through a learning process here, if you get you head round playing the French in F14 and then decided to try the Russians in EP14 then you would again need to learn what makes them "tick".  Wink

Good point. One day maybe a useful and interesting (or funny) thread might be a ranking of the various WW1 armies in FWWC. Certainly the Germans are good all-rounders, but from there is a very interesting exploration, and they all play very differently.  I like that about them too, that you really have to study the strength and weakness of each to get good at (or effective with) them. It gives a bit of 'easy to learn, difficult to master' aspect to each force, rather than everything being cookie cutter without any actual historical characteristics.

I'd say the French and Russians are close, having very different negatives and very different positives, but if you really want to have fun then you should try playing with the Austro-Hungarians (my personal favorite at the moment - I am a glutton for punishment, I guess).  Big Grin
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings - by Volcano Man - 08-11-2020, 07:26 AM