• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Ozark...manual ?
07-17-2020, 03:50 PM,
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ?
(07-17-2020, 07:40 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 04:00 AM)devoncop Wrote: Hi

No its a new install from a month or so back from the Tiller store.

If I hit  the "help" button on the top toolbar I get the options you mention as a drop down but clicking doesn't bring anything up. Likewise if I just hit F1, F2 etc.

It's no big deal and the rest of the game plays fine but just odd.

I am likely to buy Campaign Antietam very soon so I will hopefully access the ACW manual there and see if I missed anything obvious .

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ian

Hi Ian:  

They're going to be in there -if you open up the main game folder- then do a search for:   *.pdf it will track down all of pdf's in that game folder.   There will be several.  

There is going to be (I think) a difference between Ozark and SYW  -as the working philosophy with the group now working with that series (WDS) -was that including a separate sub folder for all of the manual was the way to go.  I won't comment on that decision - but for me just using the common Windows command 'group by' (and then file type) worked in the same way - without going through that extra step. 

I can see where it would make it difficult to find things; it did for me for sure.

I think the subfolder is actually called something like 'documentation' within the Civil War series- - but the Search method above should drill down through that.   When you do find these- hit right click and find the command  'open by folder location'  -and you should find where all of those are now located.

Ok, I'd ask 'why?' - Well - the difference is that SYW (and a lot of other titles) -don't have that extra folder layer, so my guess is that this is why they are easier to locate.

Why the no hot key functioning?  That's just probably programming. I never actually noticed that myself as I only ever opened them out of the main folders (ok -maybe I even printed them off). 

If you still can't find them - drop me a line and I'll have them all. I haven't checked that any I have at the SDC site have changed in awhile - but it is definitely do-able.

Edit:  Apologies- the folder is titled Manuals.   If you still can't find them just mention it in a post- I'll make sure that I have a current set somewhere and add the link in the thread for you.

Hi

That it so helpful. Thank you.

I wont comment on the decision to hide the manuals in an extra folder layer either  Big Grin

I will dig into the delightful Windows 10 operating system ( Rolling Eyes ) and see what I can find. 

Thanks again

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 05-11-2020, 09:55 PM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by krmiller - 05-12-2020, 02:27 AM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by Compass Rose - 05-12-2020, 02:53 AM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 05-12-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 07-16-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by krmiller - 07-16-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 07-17-2020, 04:00 AM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by -72- - 07-17-2020, 07:40 AM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 07-17-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Campaign Ozark...manual ? - by devoncop - 07-17-2020, 03:59 PM