• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
06-03-2020, 02:23 AM,
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
Happy to see the Napy series finally getting some of the CW series stuff!

Division colors on the side? Great idea!

Where I have my doubts are the counters and depiction on them.
CW series had the counters pretty solid with just a slight 3d effect. What I see here looks pretty strange, like a package of chewing gums pressed out. I assume this comes from the depiction being mainly black instead of the white/yellow seen in the CW series.
So, solid counters with white/yellow depiction, doesn't this work out in the Napy series???

Next the coloring of some Nato symbols. Is that needed at all? Why have green pioneer counters when the Nato symbol seems pretty clear, Or the light blue on some cavalry when you can work with letters like you already do for heavy, cossacks, dragoons.
I think there is a higher chance of mixing them up with base counter colors, like Russian green and green pioneers or restricted infantry gray and Prussian/Austrian gray, then improving the chance to identify the unit type.
Nato symbols should carry an overall "neutral" color, that can be applied to all counter colors without the risk of mixing them up for a unit of a different nation.

Last but not least, will there be a set to switch to ingame that has no Nato symbols like it can be done in the CW series?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles. - by BigDuke66 - 06-03-2020, 02:23 AM