• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Doubt about night fatigue
05-11-2020, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 07:04 AM by Mowgli.)
RE: Doubt about night fatigue
(05-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Juan Manuel Wrote: Hi Guys!

A question has arisen with the night movement. I believed that moving at night had two effects, one is to increase unit fatigue and the second is to be disrupted if the parameter date has a non-zero night disruption percentage. But I've been looking in the manual as fatigue from moving or fighting at night increases and I can't find it. So I deduce that if the scenario has 0% in the parameter date in night disruption, a unit to move at night would not increase the fatigue. Is that so?

Thank you in advanced

Regards

NIGHT FATIGUE

If the scenario' "night fatigue" optional rule is enabled/ticked, then a unit that is active during a night turn will suffer fatigue at the start of the next turn (and not recover any, as units who are resting do). In Serbia 1914, the amount seems to be a random number between 0 and "fatigue recovery" *4 (not *2, as stated by the manual). So there is really a huge random factor in it. The manual is not clear on whether the amount of fatigue gained by night activity is affected by unit-quality (as it is the case for fatigue gained by combat activities).

What counts as being active?
  • changing formation
  • any kind of movement
  • digging-in
  • bridge ops
  • using a recon spotting ability
  • STARTING patrols (keeping up ONGOING patrols does NOT seem to count as an action)
  • BEING UNDER FIRE (the unit need to suffer at least "fatigue" damage, if it suffers "no effect", it is fine)
  • etc.
-----------------

NIGHT MOVE DISRUPTION

Night fatigue is independent of "night move disruption". Night move disruption is indeed a chance (per movement of 1 hex) that a unit disrupts if it is moving in any way other than 1) on a non-congested road AND 2) in travel mode. The chance for disruption depends on the unit's quality (=initial/best morale, NOT current morale) and the parameter.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Doubt about night fatigue - by Juan Manuel - 05-11-2020, 09:00 PM
RE: Doubt about night fatigue - by Green - 05-11-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: Doubt about night fatigue - by Mowgli - 05-11-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Doubt about night fatigue - by Juan Manuel - 05-12-2020, 03:03 AM
RE: Doubt about night fatigue - by Mr Grumpy - 05-12-2020, 04:24 AM