• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Paging Mr. Pethos Please
12-20-2019, 03:49 AM,
Help  Paging Mr. Pethos Please
Hello Jason/et al:

I hope your in fine spirits this Holiday Season Mr. Pethos!
The grinch is calling...lol...

I've been playing around in the Rising Sun editors and I have a promising 3v3 in the works.  A big one, go figure.  I have a "glitch" of sorts however, and I hope you know the answer.  When I open up the Scenario Editor, or open a test game, I get an error message.  I click on it, and it goes away, and the scenario appears to be working just fine, but it's troublesome and I don't want it to effect the game/scenario downstream.  I can always add a comment to the description, letting everyone know you should just click on the window to make it go away.  But that's not "fixing" it as you well know.  

I know you have a day job Jason...but if you get a chance I'd like to make sure I don't waste another several hundred hours on top of those I have already invested.  By the way, did you ever revise that Operation Sealion scenario?  That was some nice work, really enjoyed it.

The error window message is as follows:

ERROR

2019-12-19  12:56 rsedit.exe: {ERROR ID 4} (BitmapDD.cpp, line 64, XCBitmapDD::BitmapSurface()) Failure to create bitmap surface: C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller’s Campaign Series\Rising Sun\icons 1d38.bmp

I click on it, it goes away, and the game plays.  I have also had another member attempt the same and he also gets the error message.  It is a large map, and it has a lot of bridges on it, very complex.  At first I thought it might have been due to my "turning" a bridge midspan over water, but I redid it both ways, and it doesn't effect the error message.

If you like I can send you the files.

Regards,

Dan Caviness
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Paging Mr. Pethos Please - by Dan Caviness - 12-20-2019, 03:49 AM
RE: Paging Mr. Pethos Please - by Jason Petho - 12-20-2019, 01:22 PM
RE: Paging Mr. Pethos Please - by Dan Caviness - 12-20-2019, 11:24 PM
RE: Paging Mr. Pethos Please - by Big Ivan - 12-20-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Paging Mr. Pethos Please - by Dan Caviness - 12-20-2019, 11:32 PM