• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback
12-21-2018, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 05:25 AM by Gris.)
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback
Hi Strela,

My feed back starts with the release. I would take into consideration a release date of early December might be too close to the annual Steam winter sale. I know I for one buy many games on steam at a discount, sometimes sitting on my wish list all year, not to mention Matrix/Slitherine has theirs'. Considering JTS games rarely go on sale, some of my gaming circle choose to delay the purchase till after the holiday sales. They said they will buy, just not now. I am in no way advocating a sale price or anything of that nature (steam sales I feel cause many problems, a post for another day). However it may be worth the time to "re-market" the game after Christmas as a reminder to those who decided to delay due to the holiday sales. Please take this with a grain of salt. I obviously have little to no data and a small circle of gamers to draw this conclusion from. 

I can't fathom for the life of me why they would choose to wait, personally I would buy "Panzer Battles - Pointy Sticks - Armored Warfare in the Stone Age", so you can see my bias.

I am sure for the US customer (as I am), to forgo a non-american battle, may have merit. The Bulge, D-day, and Stalingrad are the shiny battles for us. (Although the Pointy Stick game may have appeal in the States, just sayin')

My final note for your consideration on the release is you could for your next project take note from the board gaming world and run something equivalent to a "P500" like GMT and others. Throw three game ideas out to the community via survey (not forum) or a pre-order on the store (not a sale or kickstarter, just an "I want this game") and when one hits the magic number (whatever you decide) then run with that idea. Just a thought if you are concerned with a game (or subject) lacking sales

As far as PBNA. Fantastic. I concur with Comrade P's statement above with his same caveat of needing more games played. My only add is the "Indirect fire and Airstrike by the Map" option. I have no issue with rule itself, I wish there was an indicator to tell which targets are 1/4'ed for the fire. At the moment I select spotters and look for target in visual range. Maybe I am missing something, I am new to the rule.

I absolutely love the UI options (toolbars, menus, scrolling etc) that were added. As an older gamer it is a plus when you can make things easier to see and read from within the game. Well done. 

Overall, outstanding and without hesitation, highly recommend as a must buy for any wargamer. I did not know very much on this time period and find the organization and tactics interesting. When spanned from North Afrika, to Kursk, and finally Normandy, you get a sense of the evolution for the Allies and Axis war machines. 

Accolades to all involved. 

See you in the sand - Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Strela - 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Gris - 12-21-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by dukemat - 12-21-2018, 05:53 AM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Al - 12-21-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Green - 01-26-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Strela - 04-29-2019, 06:21 PM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by dukemat - 05-04-2019, 03:53 AM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Ricky B - 05-04-2019, 02:29 PM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Green - 05-05-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: PzB North Africa 1941 - Feedback - by Strela - 05-06-2019, 12:10 AM