• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS: East Front III early alpha screenshots
06-24-2018, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 03:38 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: CS: East Front III early alpha screenshots
(06-24-2018, 12:17 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: First off I think the new treatment of mines will be a game changer indeed. I've always been a proponent of not being able to see mines until its to late.

Second, as in CSME, recon will be a big feature hands down. Wink

Third, being able to give the computer commands and execute orders is just plain awesome!! As we all know the A/I is weak. This function will change all of that I'm sure. Eek

Forth, any 3D screen shots for us 3D lovers?! Helmet Wink

Fifth, will 2D black silhouettes and NATO graphics be coming along for the ride with the new engine in 'Nam & EFIII?   Whistle

ItB Cigar5

Here's a very early 3D screenshot, before Mike's got his hands on those units. They are of JTCS vintage placeholders at the moment. 

For 2D NATO symbols for sure, while with the 2D profiles need to think how to get them done. Have to simplify the task somehow, so many of them, especially with the new, redone OOBs. 

As for the screenshot, here's 3D Zoom-In view, where units are similar size to JTCS Zoom-In, but terrain tiles are 150% in size. Looks much more tactical now, as maps got way larger. I for one really like these new larger maps as a whole. 

Edit: way too sunburt on Middle East Normal Ground Conditions, much better (greener) in Soft Ground Conditions, as a sample of things to come:

[Image: 30AF47CBFE3742D9BC12D23ADDE9FC81.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CS: East Front III early alpha screenshots - by Crossroads - 06-24-2018, 12:38 AM