• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wish List!
05-31-2018, 02:14 PM,
Wish List!
Hello...

What game series, eh? But, as with everything, through experience, everything can be improved.
With games its either an entire new series or one that has 'mods' developed for it. Feedback is the name of the game. Without it you couldn't get anything done. So, here goes.

The number one thing that I believe the series needs is a 'complete' map-editor. By that I mean, users should be able to develop their own scenarios and the necessary maps as needed. A mod such as this should be made available for both the original series and the Gold series.

The mod should not be limited in size, number of hexes. It should be able to import and / or combine maps from other scenarios. It should be able to make 'new' terrain types as needed. It should be able to import maps from a scanner and sources of other 'standardized' image types, more than one would be good.

Since there are so many area's and battles of WWII that have not been covered, having this ability for the 'community' would allow these to be addressed. Think about the vast number of 'topics' not covered by any of the existing modules. For example...

The vast areas of Russia that would cover from the beginning of the conflict, '41, to the end, '45.
Areas, and their associated battles for, Western Europe. Belgium, Holland, France, Luxembourg, Spain the British Ilses.  Norway, Finland, Sweden. Countries that border the Mediterrainean. The 'Middle East', that is east and west of the Nile. China / Burma / India (CBI). Afrika. Indochina, Korea, Dutch East Indies. Japan, Australia, Phillipines, various Islands chains throughout the Pacific.

Even if the Tiller Game Company could make just one module each for what I've presented, how many years would it take to make them all and the scenarios to support them. And how long would upgrades for existing games to address the functional areas that could use improvement take? Its not that I'm contending 'they' are incapable of doing this. 

But, it would take a massive commitment on 'their' part. So, we have how many dedicated followers of the game? I contend that making a 'complete map-editor' would result in many such campaigns and battles that maybe would never see the light of day, would be addressed by the 'community'. And with all of the resources available on the internet, we could reasonably expect good results. I think there comes a time, when a game either 'morphs' into its next development or begins to gradually fade away. For myself, I'd like to see it continue. In anyway possible. If necessary, to cover development, sell the 'Map-Mod' as a module! I'd shell out the cash for that.

Dennis  Jester
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Wish List! - by dgk196 - 05-31-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: Wish List! - by 76mm - 06-05-2018, 12:19 PM
RE: Wish List! - by Kool Kat - 06-05-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: Wish List! - by Strela - 06-06-2018, 12:42 AM
RE: Wish List! - by dgk196 - 07-14-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Wish List! - by dgk196 - 06-07-2018, 02:04 PM
RE: Wish List! - by dgk196 - 07-14-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: Wish List! - by dgk196 - 07-15-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Wish List! - by Ocito80 - 07-16-2018, 03:42 PM