• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
01-22-2018, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 05:13 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
Until I read your post, I never paid attention to infantry division pioniere units having a defensive strength of 18 for some reason. They have a defensive strength of 18 in Moscow '42 as well, whilst their deployed motorized/mechanized counterparts have 16 like everybody else. This might be a typo.

Comparing hard data on effectiveness is tricky, because the lower morale of Soviet units make their units shaky and usually ineffective.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the AT capability being the same, as the Italian have smaller and less effective units using modernized late WWI designs and the Germans have their usual mixed 37mm/50mm combined units.

The size matters, because it determines the weight of fire. It tends to be better to have large units than smaller ones when dealing with units with higher defense strength than the attacker has soft/hard attack, but as vehicle kills are quite random it's difficult to tie a formula to it.

It's nice to see a decent Axis minor unit in these games. The Romanians and Hungarians are not worth much aside from C quality mobile formations, but the Italians are decent enough here.

Edit: regarding the scenario, should the 28th TC be unfixed at the start? The release schedule implies it should release on the 25th.

I don't know if it's caused by the unit graphics issue, but Soviet C&C is not working as intended as HQ's all have a divisional command radius.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42) - by ComradeP - 01-22-2018, 04:51 AM