• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME - Constructive Feedback.....I hope!
10-07-2017, 08:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 09:10 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: ME - Constructive Feedback.....I hope!
Guys, thanks for your feedback!

You raise several good points here. Let me comment on some of them.

First, I am not sure I agree "7" us unplayable, but regardless, like you point out, there's no substitution for play testing things over and over again. And then again. My kudos to CSME play testing team, who small in number did quite an effort in playing all games over. CSME was always a leap of faith, initially there was not much interest, but then again, it was chosen indeed  for that reason too: we wanted to give the new game engine a thorough work over before moving to the most popular of WW2 theathers of war. 

By the way: when reporting games to ladder, please make detailed comments there as well, or post here, or drop us an email - you know who we are! There's always the next update were things can be improved upon.

As you guys also point out, Arab-Israeli wars can at times be most difficult to model properly. Most battles resulted in most lopsided results. Even those can be balanced of course better, by using various techniques so hopefully not only by adjusting victory levels, although in some cases that is something that is left as perhaps the only option. With Event Engine now available as of CSME 2.0 and especially as something that will be available for scenario design from scratch with VN, EF, WF etc, hopefully that will be a tool to balance things out even more. Then kill rations and objective captures won't be the only tool, but it is possible to award event points during the scenario as well. For instance holding a certain area until a certain turn can be awarded. 

Finally, this:

(10-07-2017, 11:24 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: IMO - there is only one way to fix this and that is to make sure that ALL games H2H are play-tested to the nth degree.  Grant you some of the games reported I am sure are not the stock scenarios - but my gut says the majority are from the ME game we all purchased.

Thanks for reading and let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this game greater!!

As we move on, hopefully we'll see a lot of you guys available to Beta Brigade to test the new games out! There's certainly more lop-sided battles to come, think only of the first months of Barbarossa... I've been reading a lot of contemporary books on both Fall Gelb / France 1940, and of course Barbarossa. How on earth to model the excellent German results, when they, tank-to-tank for instance, did not really have any advantages. The massive Soviet tank losses were often the result of their lack of knowledge of combined arms for one, but also, they were most suspect to technical malfunctions due to substandard service, often ran out of fuel and ammo. France, on the other hand: the French were using their tanks in piecemeal fashion, how to make that happen in a game with the player having a god-view to everything.

So yes, please join in for the coming testing efforts! Also, do expect to see some changes to game-engine with new optional rules as well. Artillery needs a complete overhaul, C&C needs to be made even more punishing, and who knows maybe something to model even better the difficulties in supply. Although for latter, that can now be handled with Events Engine, as supply for one can be made to change dynamically now.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ME - Constructive Feedback.....I hope! - by Crossroads - 10-07-2017, 08:36 PM