• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles
04-29-2017, 11:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 11:56 AM by Ekaton.)
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles
I don't know about Kursk and the German panzers, but Shermans seem to be poorly suited here. Their direct fire does nothing or nearly nothing, just as MG fire. No German infantry unit was even disrupted before finally being killed because its last man was dead, and about 4 tank units, 2 MG units and infantry units were shooting at the same hex every turn. Rockets, mortars, ships, guns - all did nearly nothing apart from occasionally killing someone, it very rarely caused even 'Fatigue' effect, even when I ordered everything to shoot at the same hex during one turn. No disruptions apart from AT guns. Perhaps with German guns and their better quality it is easier to kil enemy, but not here. I counted on my engineers being specially equipped with satchel charges or something but it seems that while they might be better (in one case two enginner units defeated a bunker in one turn), in most cases they don't seem particularly efficient here.

That post raises many good points though. I haven't isolated those bunkers, which probably is why it was so hard as the morale didn't drop. Also, it seems that some bunkers are easier to take than others - guns prolong assaults a lot.

Also, is there a bonus for attacking a bunker from different sides? It seems that in one case I did so and the bunker was taken after just four assaults.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by Ekaton - 04-29-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by 19 Delta - 04-29-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by Ekaton - 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by ComradeP - 04-29-2017, 04:48 PM