• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again!
11-02-2016, 12:23 AM,
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again!
(11-01-2016, 10:30 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 02:29 AM)Fhil Wrote: Great topic!

I absolutely agree with the cycling of units. I would add to that: ALWAYS keep some reserve. Both on a tactical and operational level and wait for the critical moment to throw them into the attack, in the same time pulling out tired units to rest and create a reserve from them. It´s very hard to resist that temptation to send them in there already and also to correctly guess that critical moment.

Hi Fhil:  Smoke7

This is so true!  Smile

Players must keep a reserve to guard against enemy breakthroughs, bolster defending units, and to throw into an offensive thrust at a critical moment.

In a current PBeM game, I have a good reserve that is also defending a VP hex. Many times I have been tempted to move it to reinforce a faltering defensive line... but have kept it intact and not committed. It remains to be seen what impact (if any?) it will have on our current game... but without being disciplined and keeping a reserve force, I would have limited options.

Again, on face value, PzC is a "simplistic appearing" game... but there is so MUCH more to it! Players who work to uncover and learn these nuances will be rewarded with better play and a more rewarding and fun experience!  Wink

Well, there´s one more advice: Be quiet, the enemy is listening! Big Grin2

Exactly, one always learns something new in these great games. Another advice I have: always try do to something unexpected! Or at least, make the enemy believe you´re going to do such a thing Helmet Smile

Also, there´s a psychological dimension to these battles. In later titles, only the apperance of heavy German machines like Tigers and Panthers can convince the Soviet opponent you´re going to defend the sector at all costs, while you really want to save these for as long as possible instead of sending them into a direct fight with his tank forces.

Another tip regarding the offensive action, more exactly river crossing: always pick up a point or two where it is ideal to cross the river and go for that area! Choose a hex for creating a bridge where it will be least vunerable to enemy direct fire from the opposite bank. Of course, the ideal spot is the one that is completly out of sight for your opponent. A lot of players forgets to guard the rivers, one good aimed tactical attack through the river by a division at night can completely shock your opponent. Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 10-27-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by larsonney - 10-27-2016, 07:09 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Warhorse - 10-27-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 10-28-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Mr Grumpy - 10-28-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Fhil - 10-29-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 11-01-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Fhil - 11-02-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Plain Ian - 11-05-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Mowgli - 10-01-2019, 09:21 PM