• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer campaigns modding basics
09-27-2016, 01:04 PM,
Help  Panzer campaigns modding basics
Hi, I would like to modify the Panzer Campaigns Sealion game but can't find some things in the documentation.  I emailed HPS and they sent me here.

1. a description of the columns in the .dat file.  I worked out what most of the columns are except for three columns.  Two of the columns seem to contain all zeros so I guess that's not a problem, but the last column is mostly zeros except for a few units - what is that last column for?

2. I would like to add some aspects of the Plan Z, alternative scenarios, and the maps mods but these don't seem to use .dat files.  How do I find out what the stats are for the units?  

3.  Is is possible to allow the British troops to  make gas attacks somehow?

4.  The Kriegsmarine had two battalions of marines and I figure these would have been used to attack ports like Folkestone and Dover.  It looks to me like they can't land at those ports because of the cliffs behind/beside them, how do I get around that?  Probably if I can work out the marine stats for the Plan Z mod that will answer this question, but there's no dat file for them.

5.  I'd like to give the mountain troops the ability to climb the (impassible) cliffs, how do I do that?  There are mountain troops in those mods I know, but I haven't found out how they did it.

6.  I'd like to add some shots from the cross-channel artillery.  Can I add off-map artillery somehow?

7.  Why do the Kriegsmarine troops get added via a new nation "East Germany" in the mods?

www.facebook.com/sealion1940
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer campaigns modding basics - by vakarr - 09-27-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns modding basics - by Ricky B - 09-27-2016, 01:34 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns modding basics - by vakarr - 09-28-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns modding basics - by vakarr - 09-28-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns modding basics - by Ricky B - 09-28-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns modding basics - by Ricky B - 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM