• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit /Weapon types to get further clarification on
07-24-2016, 05:40 AM,
Unit /Weapon types to get further clarification on
Hi Mike
I have been having an explore in the WW1 Mod's order of battle editor and can see that it includes a really extensive range of individual weapon types including some equipment that did not quite make it onto the battlefield in time to be used by 11th November 1918 so that there a plenty of scope for plan 1919 type scenarios here.

Most of the weapon/ equipment types available are self explanatory, however there are a few where things are not so clear cut and it would be helpful if  you could confirm if my hunches are correct hear.

1.Fortress Guns = Are these none mobile and do they come with armoured copulas that have to be placed on bunkers?
2.Machine Gun strongpoint = are these effectively none mobile hard target units and can other units enter then?
3.Dug out (15cm Shell Proof) = Are thee set up to work like none mobile APC's that infantry and weapons units can load or unload from and can they fire out of them when inside?
4.Explosive Flat Wagon = How does one use these ?
5.Also while details the on map reconnaissance aircraft are given those available for scenario designers for airstrikes are not, could we perhaps at some point have an aircraft list document  similar to those provided for the  West Font & East Front games?

Also I do think it would be better to have the majority of HQ units in the game represented by pack horses or similar animals as my guess is this is what the equivalent battalion and brigade trains in most formations in all armies would have actually used in most cases.

Kind regards
Ian
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unit /Weapon types to get further clarification on - by Hoplite1963 - 07-24-2016, 05:40 AM