• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
05-23-2016, 03:36 AM,
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
Sorry if I start nitpicking here but the way the rule is written is a bit unclear:
"2. Infantry can only shoot at tanks if the infantry have AT weapons within range, this is only for ranged fire, infantry can always attempt to close assault a vehicle even if they have no AT weapons."
It sounds like you can shoot with every weapon(even none AT weapons) at a tank as long as that tank is within the range of one of your AT weapons. So infantry with bazookas could fire everything as long as the tank is within the range of a bazooka. I guess that is not intended.

If it's indented to allow none AT weapon fire(rifle, MG, etc.) at tanks only neighboring the infantry the rule has to be rephrased. Like this:
"2. Infantry can shoot their AT weapons like they see fit but their none-AT weapons(those with zero pen/HEAT/APCR value) at tanks only in the same or adjacent hexes. Infantry can always attempt to close assault a vehicle even if they have no AT weapons."
By this infantry can fire all the none penetrating weapons but only if the tank is so close that the reaction might turn out deadly for that infantry. And I want to remember that infantry can panic and move 1 hex away if tank gets adjacent to the infantry, with 2 hex distance the rule would not allow none AT weapons to be fired on the tank.

Anyhow the main intend seems to prohibit the provocation of tank so that they are not reacting to infantry and so allow friendly tanks to close in unmolested for a kill. That's fine but that tanks can drive into infantry and only fear close assaults while being totally unsuppressed(aka hatches open) also seems not too realistic.

Regarding artillery, I wonder why the size & range of the tube should matter and not its organic position within the force and the way operations where conducted.
Good example again the German WW2 battalion structure, the 4th company usually provided heavy MG and mortar(81mm) support to the 1st-3rd infantry company, either from behind the 1st-3rd infantry company or I think on occasion they were directly attached to a specific infantry company to support it. The same is unthinkable regarding the guns of the divisional artillery assets as they usually never were under the command of an infantry CO.
Besides that in-game I don't see anything bigger than a group of mortars that can be bought what is not even a platoon, that is far away from a battery of artillery for which an FO would be acceptable.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players" - by BigDuke66 - 05-23-2016, 03:36 AM