• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
05-21-2016, 04:48 AM,
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
I applaud having some standard set of rules that most people also appreciate. Having only played a few PBEMs (but wanting to play more), to me "setting up" a game with someone becomes way to stressful out of concern that some rule would be over-looked (or not known about by this PBEM newbie) that could/should have been discussed before a game is undertaken. There have been a few times where an ASSumption is made in setting up a game that one later regrets as a game takes on a gamey aspect midway through thus leading to being dissatisfied with their investment of time.

A. The rules pertaining to the use of artillery/FO sounds interesting; i.e. a welcomed challenge to utilize.

B. The rule regarding restricting infantry from firing on an armored unit doesn't seem "right" for two reasons: 1) It's what I am/was used to doing over a decade plus of playing SP while some of the time being coached by more senior players that were also interested in NOT using gamey tactics. And 2) it seems that in reality an infantry unit may take a few shots at a tank in the effort of catching the tank's crew riding around with their heads out of a porthole or maybe hitting a sensor or optical piece.

C. Lastly, I can appreciate the sentiment of restricting grabbing VHs "cheaply" at the end of a game through some incoherent desperate scrabble, however requiring that a platoon capture a VH seems very restrictive too.

Thanks for opening this discussion.

Best to all.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players" - by Spledge - 05-21-2016, 04:48 AM