• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
05-13-2016, 10:13 AM,
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
As for the artillery, my opponent pointed out that he sees no problem when battalion assets are controlled by the Bn. or Co. leader and I agree to that.
Not sure if you can add a general explanation to the artillery rule, but as the FOs a rather expensive the need for those should maybe be limited to assets that are:
A. Not subordinate assets of infantry battalions/companies(for example mortars of infantry companies or heavy/MG companies don't need FOs).
B. That had assets(reconnaissance/communication) as part conducting its operations(an example would be the artillery regiments & batteries of a German division).

Now another suggestion, we had talked about the AFV rule and how tanks behaved.
I think there should/could be a more differentiated rule to the stacking limits. I understand that in combat the tanks didn't mass in a very tiny area but spread out.
Now I doubt that this was the case for a marching column, of course it depends on the circumstances, air threat could have impact on how the march was conducted but in the end that would be up to the player if he wants to risk more tanks in a single hex for a tighter but more vulnerable march.
I suggest that a stacking of at X tanks is allowed while marching on roads and similar terrain.
Not sure what X should be but as we have 50 hexes even a tank as big as the Maus would fit 4 times into that so it's not unreasonable to set X to 3.

And as AFV also covers armored cars, I wonder what their usual way of operating was as their main purpose wasn't combat but recon. I have never paid much attention to that vehicle class as I'm grateful for any enlightenment.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players" - by BigDuke66 - 05-13-2016, 10:13 AM