• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
05-06-2016, 03:41 AM,
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
burroughs, I don't think there was anything wrong by itself with the way you advanced, but I believe what Volcano Man was trying to say is that as reinforcements don't have dynamic placement locations and stick to a roughly historical timetable, not all strategies can be countered through changing reinforcement arrival locations or times.

As units only have a single arrival location unless he makes a strategy option purely for those units, the only thing that can be done is make the arrival hex protected which has its own problems as it would mean that if the fighting hasn't moved on, the Entente forces suddenly end up being Broken. A strategy option purely for the Fusilier regiment is possible of course (with a second option of having it arrive on the road east of Douvrin near the unnamed village), but the need for implenting it depends on how common your strategy is.

As an aside: though reaching the canal is not that difficult, taking Lille doesn't seem likely. The Entente has "siege guns" but either no or very limited (in case I overlooked them) artillery units actually of the siege gun type that could deal with the forts around Lille.

The Central Powers player can always choose not to deploy the Fusilier Regiment until he launches a counterattack and clears the area, or not at all.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue - by ComradeP - 05-06-2016, 03:41 AM