• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
05-05-2016, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 05:45 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
OK, done. I have improved the situation quite a bit here for the next update.

-Added a few German (lower) supply sources in La Bassee (makes sense if a unit is moving across the canal)
-Added text on the map about the unit arriving there
-Improved the overall situation of the German units that start in the town itself (these were weakened too much I think)

That should cover it.

Either way, despite this update or its current situation - I think the key here is that the Germans must be VERY aggressive flinging themselves back into the British here to the north of La Bassee, and should NOT be passive, otherwise La Bassee will get cut off. As the reinforcements arrive (XIII.RK), they should be sent towards Armentieres with all haste, while the VII.AK contracts towards La Bassee area (historically all of these things happened and 13.ID pulled back and moved over into La Bassee to defend it).

I suppose also the objective at La Bassee could get removed altogether, but the problem there is that it was indeed a focal point of the allied advance from the northwest so I am against that. Also, I have no doubt that the Germans could take it back if it is lost, later in the campaign at least as more reinforcements pile into the sector.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue - by Volcano Man - 05-05-2016, 05:32 AM