• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
05-04-2016, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 06:46 AM by Gray Nemesis.)
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
(05-04-2016, 02:25 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Well, I just don't see the "flaw".  Honestly, it is a lot of text explaining of why it is a "flaw", but it doesn't exactly specifically point out what this "flaw" is, in precise units and times. Then again, I admit I am skimming the text out of lack of time.

As I said, which units arrive "behind the lines"?  Can you look in the editor and point point the date and time and which units? I can easily mention something in the notes about it, sure, am maybe also put some text on the map that they arrive (as I have done before) but I will not get rid of the reinforcements themselves. If I am provided specific suggestions then I will consider them.

The fact is though, the allies are attacking much further than happened historically, but the German units MUST arrive in their historical places.  That said, the Fus.Regt.40 arrives unprotected so it can be blocked, so perhaps if that is the only unit in question then I can just put a note on the map stating that they are observed approaching the area at the certain time and day (as done in other scenarios).

Beyond that, if this is too easy for the allies to overrun the area, then there is a problem that needs to be adjusted to make it less easy to do. Curious, you mentioned that this is your second opponent that has quit on you, so is this something you do as a tactic each time and has had success and the opponent has given up? Or are they two different disconnected cases?

It is only the Fus.Regt.40 and the HQ arrives fixed. If I had noticed they would be isolated I would not have brought them on the map.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue - by Gray Nemesis - 05-04-2016, 06:39 AM