• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
04-13-2016, 08:09 AM,
Feedback Needed  First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
Well... the best way to get something discussed is well... to discuss it!

First Blood   This is my favorite scenario for early war gaming. The Poles really do have a chance to kick some Germans all over the map.
 I took on Herr pzrKorps and it was a resounding Polish victory but i digress that he might have been playing against a stacked deck... not only to mention a fossilized veteran of days past... there is no mercy from the Devil.. It's all hell and it's all mine!  Rolling Eyes 

So here's my 1st Eval of a scenario in over 10 years, I sent this to Gary in an email as well, I hope he will reply  here and give us an insight of the pain...  Whistle

I actually find fault in several things, but they were to my advantage, It will only be fair if they repeat themselves for you, so we shall see... The ENG that shot at the tankette twice rather than shooting at the INF  that moved into the space I think cost you that battalion of tanks, I think in my assault later. I guess you has OP fire settings limiting to only fire at armor?

The Ambush of invisibility was another fluke, I know i shot 12-14 times and you didn't see a single shooter??. that's a serious failure on the hidden shooter 50% die rolls  - almost like the game got "stuck in a rut"?
 I will elaborate on the rut thing.. When Talonsoft 1st intro the game, we all complained about the lack of randomness in shooting, as it seemed if your shots were missing/ hitting - they ALL missed/ hit for the turn, unless you did something to  break the sequence such as go to a completely different area on the map and move someone or do a shot all alone. That would reset the die rolling , so to speak.  it seems to still linger, but not as badly.

The death of 2 leaders from shooting and Art is.. well amazing, I cannot remember a game where that has happened before (other than losses from assaults) getting a leader was a rarity before.. they must have adjusted the percentages on them some? I think that took your steam away more than the ambush...

A morale destroying turn usually seals the fate of many players, you did not let it stop your plans or cause you to just toss troops away.. That makes you a great opponent, and I know you will get the payback. Well done, even in defeat there is victory!

Any one care to weigh in? Please feel free to and generate some life back into the BEST place on the web.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev - by RedDevil - 04-13-2016, 08:09 AM