• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Found in a 78-year-old's cellar: a WWII tank
03-23-2016, 05:13 AM,
RE: Found in a 78-year-old's cellar: a WWII tank
(08-28-2015, 07:14 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The man was about 8 when the war ended, so I'm wondering where he found the still functioning Panther. Maybe it was stored in a depot somewhere and he took it home in the 1950's? Maybe his father or a relative took it home when the war ended?

I am from Germany and our news sources reported he was an businessman involved in (legal) arms deals, so he had the connections and money to get his hands on hardware like this.

He also owned an 88mm Flak41 and an Sumbamerine Torpedo (G7e? I am not sure anymore). As said before he was kown for decades to own that stuff  and used the Panther as a snow plough in the worst blizzard Germany ever experienced, back in the '70s.

German restrictions on private ownership of military hardware are very strict (which I like), but as far as I know his colletcion was legal.
The official agencies made quite a fuss about it, many people didn't really get why exactly. Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found in a 78-year-old's cellar: a WWII tank - by Das Morbo - 03-23-2016, 05:13 AM