• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM
03-14-2016, 03:29 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM
Turn 14

Overview

Here is the overall situation.

I still have the main hardsurfaced route between Dahr El Ahmar and Kfar Mechki in hand and taking the opportunity to advance north of it.

The situtation in the southwest looks bad... because it is. It appears an entire T-62 battalion is attempting to drive into the rear of that area.

[Image: turn14_Overview_2d.JPG]

Dahr El Ahmar

With the infantry reinforcements focusing on keeping the Syrians busy near the 100VP location southwest of Dahr El Ahmar, I have been able to start a flanking maneuver to the west. I now have Line of Sight into the rear of his position, which I am hoping will cause him to pull back and abandon his position.

[Image: turn14_Dahr_El_Ahmar_2d.JPG]

Kfar Mechki

Holy crap!! Look at all those Syrians. I had managed to secure HILL 1212, at the top of the image, and that gained me Line of Sight into the Valley. Lions, tigers and bears...oh my.

The fighthing for the woods south of Kfar Mechki is still raging. Quite a few reductions, disruptions and retreats for both parties. My reinforcement company is nearly on scene to start the process of taking back the town in the next turns.

I had shifted a couple of the Magach 6 platoons to the south in preparation of meeting the horde.  

[Image: turn14_Kfar_Mechki_2d.JPG]

Southwest

Speaking of horde... Look at all those T-62's in the southwest portion of the image.

The plan to deal with them is to create a killzone just north of HILL 941 using the Cobra's and TOW teams on the east side of that valley, just west of Beit Lahia. My TOW teams consist of a number of jeeps carrying TOW's and the M150's.

I have ambushed a few already, which bodes well, but the horde is still a ways away!

[Image: turn14_Southwest_2d.JPG]

Strength

Tank losses have remained steady for me, but I have had the opportunity to take out quite a few of the Syrian tanks.

Since the infantry is doing most of the direct contact fighting, my casualities are reaching for the sky.

[Image: turn14_Strength_2d.JPG]

Victory Conditions

At this point in the scenario, I seem to still have a Major Victory... barely. Fortunately, I have taken 100 Strength Points fewer losses, which helps with the totals.

[Image: turn14_Victory_2d.JPG]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM - by Jason Petho - 03-14-2016, 03:29 AM