• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM
02-28-2016, 07:07 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM
Turn 2 and 3

Turn's 2 and 3 were pretty quiet and didn't involve much/any action so I didn't take any screenshots.

In the meantime, let me make note of some of the key weapons that will hopefully make this a victorious scenario.

First up is my primary battle tank in this area, the Magach 6. It is an M60 that has been upgraded and uparmoured. As I am using two Mechanized Brigades, I have a couple battalions of these. Knowing what I am up against, I have to use these sparingly and from ambush positions. The terrain favours the defence.

[Image: turn02_M60.JPG]

Second is my air defence. There will be a few flights of HOT armed Gazelle's flying around and it is essential I dispatch them prior to them causing armour losses. To do so, I have the M163 (Hovet), which is an M113 APC converted to house a 20mm M61 Vulcan rotary cannon.

[Image: turn02_M163.JPG]

Third is my anti-tank weapon systems.  I have two supporting the Mechanized Brigades. The M150 and Jeeps mounting TOW launchers. The M150 is an M113 with a TOW launcher mounted on top. It is lightly armoured, so will have to be used sparingly. The Jeeps are soft targets, which as its advantages.

Both of these weapon systems will have to utilize the terrain as much as possible in order to survive contact.

[Image: turn02_M150.JPG]

[Image: turn02_JeepwithTOW.JPG]

Lastly, I have a few flights of Cobra's armed with TOW's and rockets coming on as reinforcements. These are extremely powerful anti-tank weapons.

[Image: turn02_Cobra.JPG]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Campaign Series Middle East: Hot Knife Through Butter - AAR/PBEM - by Jason Petho - 02-28-2016, 07:07 AM