• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Omaha
01-09-2016, 11:00 PM,
Omaha
Just finished

This was a casual game in the sense that I did not sort through units to maximise attacks due to time and I cleared the area in a logical way ie I did not go just for the VPs

I got all but the 2 bunkers to the east worth 150 points I only got one 100 and another 50 bunker on the last turn.

I lost badly 262 points due to my losses 2605 men 20 ships 97 guns 24 tanks

Whilst I can not have many complaints due to the way I played.

I do have a few comments for consideration.

1 I could and I think in real life would have sent units to the west but there are no VPs so why bother? Perhaps some VP locations out to the west might help?

2 If I had wanted to I could have headed just to the VP hexes and not created cleared areas I think that again in real life you would not do that so perhaps more VP to make a general advance more worthwhile

3 I note all the comments on the threads about bunker busting etc but the 45 23 and 54 26 hexes held for a very long time against many many attacks.  Naval guns mortars and guns did very little damage and I think may be underpowered,  Where as the stacks you need to assault get hit by German artillery.  I do think Naval power (and/or availability levels) need to be upped a bit.

4 I think but am not an expert that my losses were about historical (I thought 3000 was the approx. level) I got most of the locations German losses 872 72 guns 6 vehicles so either the German losses were low or the VP levels may be more challenging than historical results.

Now I will be going back to try a slower more considered game.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Omaha - by Mike Bowen - 01-09-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Omaha - by Ricky B - 01-10-2016, 01:32 AM
RE: Omaha - by Mike Bowen - 01-10-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: Omaha - by Dog Soldier - 01-10-2016, 02:23 AM