• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod
12-22-2015, 07:40 PM,
RE: Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod
(12-22-2015, 06:08 PM)phoenix Wrote: Wow. I really like it, David. Thanks. It's certainly a start. It's somehow clearer for me too (I think mainly because the bocage hedge edges are thinner). See the roads easier in the clutter too. I much prefer it. It's that easy to do? What do I do to get it into my copy? Do I simply remove the 100 sheet, then copy and rename the 50 graphics as 100? Did you double the number of buildings though? I would have thought you would need to double the number of buildings in each image, as Wiggum suggested? Yet it looks fine as is in your pics above. Would be better if some of the building concentrations were denser, but it still looks better, I think, as more accurately scaled. If I can just copy that over I would do it, then, I think, add some black highlights/shadows to each individual building graphic (I did this for my PC games and it didn't take too long), just to bring the buildings out more.

I guess the bunkers look a bit large now? Obstacles still ok, I think. Maybe bridges should be reduced too? Maybe not, need to see them clearly.

But it's certainly much more 'to scale', no?

Could you please post these files for me, David? Be easy enough for me to re-do the bunkers smaller, I'm guessing. Maybe even easy enough for me to add in a few more buildings myself, to make town/village concentrations denser.

Peter

Hi Peter,

These are all custom - whatever you do, do not replace your 100 size with the 50.

I did double some graphics up to get more density but this is a first pass and I'll tweak these to make more sense. Please note that there are village hexes and scattered. Scattered usually only has two buildings while villages will have four or more in this version.

It's definitely cleaner as you say, but it loses the 'density' that is Normandy bocage country. I'll try a few things.

As far as bridges etc - I'll look at some options, but I think they need to be oversized to stand out - particularly their type.

More to follow, but I'll post the files up once I have them done.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod - by Strela - 12-22-2015, 07:40 PM