• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod
12-21-2015, 04:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2015, 04:11 AM by phoenix.)
RE: Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod
I think the artwork is really nice in the original, and this mod looks great. BUT, what I would like to see is map items scaled to better give an impression of scale. That's probably not very clear, but what I mean is that at the moment when you play PB you can get lulled very easily into thinking that you're fighting a very small scale tactical fight, because you naturally imagine that the buildings, houses, trees, hedges etc are all 'to scale'. But they're not, of course. The scale they are at looks like it might be roughly ok for a Squad Battles title. It would improve the representation of the battleground for me if the houses, trees, buildings, hedges, etc were all much smaller, much closer to the Jison mod images for Panzer Campaigns, for example, much closer to their actual scale. Just a suggestion. It's perfectly playable as it is, of course.

Peter
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wiggum's "Battles of Normandy" Artwork Mod - by phoenix - 12-21-2015, 04:11 AM