• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
12-16-2015, 10:29 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
(12-16-2015, 10:14 PM)Xaver Wrote: Well, i know you are busy but but i have a question for testers... how is the performance in PzB 2 of Stugs and PanzerJagers, i refer the light armored versions no the Jagd Panther, because in Kursk i allways find them to weak and not very effective specially the Marders.

Part of my question is related with the new nature of combat terrain, oposite to Kursk are going to be more combats under 1.000m (4 hexes) and here this helps a lot the actual AT combat system to increase the chance to score kills over armor BUT at same time low defense vehicles can suffer a lot even when terrain is more friendly with ambush classes like TDs.

Are that specialized vehicles capable to work on their role of hunters or like in Kursk use them is to problematic at the point that have them as AT resource is not a great deal??? i refer that AT guns are harder to kill than Marders, Stugs survive better for example.

Thanks.

I have found the armour combat is working really well in Normandy. Ask Dogsoldier about his Canadian Shermans that ran into the Panthers and the multiple vehicle losses per shot he was taking beyond 1 kilometre.

As far as Marders etc - they are effective. That said they are ultra vulnerable to artillery and you really need to use them as shoot and scoot. Pop up, take the shot and get back out of sight. Standstill and you're dead. In a recent Bluecoat game against Dogsoldier he can attest how well my Marders performed and it was only once his infantry got in close that he flushed me out and put me in a vulnerable position.

The other big factor that has really transformed direct fire is the elevation modifier. This is set at 15% and essentially increases the effect of hits by that value for every height level differential. It works as an inverse value for units firing uphill. For example a unit two height levels above another unit will get a 30% (2 x 15%) fire modifier while the target unit would fire back at -30%. This represent defilade positions at the top of a hill while fire down hill hits the lightly armoured top of a unit/offsets some of the terrain in hex.

Holding/taking high ground is now critical and a real focus in play.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Strela - 12-16-2015, 10:29 PM