• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
12-04-2015, 09:24 AM,
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
@Percy
Your rules seem too drastic to be used as general house rules, they may work for a specific scenario but not in general, there is no reason to ban planes or helicopters or narrow the possibility of suppression fire so far down.
Banning suppression fire seems to achieve the opposite of what we have now, now you can use suppression fire unhistorical but baning it would still leave it unhistorical and only shifts the gameplay.
http://www.dererstezug.com/TacticalPhilosophies.htm

@Walrus
I doubt that any house rule can speedup the gameplay, maybe if these replaces some function or rules in the game but even then I doubt that a speedup can occur. Anyway I use house rules only to fill the gaps that are in the game, and as you said it add realism and if that comes with the price of taking a bit more time to do a turn I don't mind at all.

@Weasel
Limiting shoots sounds good but it still wouldn't stop from shooting were the typical MG unit would never fire.
I would prefer to see the density value of a terrain effect more than only LOS,firing deep into the woods with high density would unlikely achieve anything as the bullets simply couldn't reach the hex that the player aimed at, that itself would stop player from wasting ammo for a small if any effect.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players" - by BigDuke66 - 12-04-2015, 09:24 AM