• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
12-03-2015, 10:36 AM,
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players"
Infantry
1. Infantry cannot soak off tank shots so your tanks can move up without fear of counter fire.

That means I shouldn't move infantry deliberately(like back and forth moves) to capture tank fire?

Nope, it means shooting at a tank with small arms knowing they will return fire and then once they don't return fire because they have used up all their shots you move your tank up knowing he is safe from return fire.

Just to add to this:
I agree with Chris' ruling here....but in general, jumping units in and out of LOS to cause op-fire is a tad gamey IMO, no matter what rules you are using.
I use the op-fire filter that comes with the CD version of that game to set my troops to ignore this type of soak off tactic, but when playing others with no op-fire filter, I would consider that technique to be Bad Form.

In general, a good rule set actually speeds up the game IMO as you don't have to discuss what is OK and what's not prior to the game start. Chris and I are always tweaking rules to see what works and what doesn't. We have some good systems now to deal with arty use / FOO use and also z-fire which really help keep the game more RL and make you work harder and play more sensibily.
For me that raises the enjoyment of the game considerably.

Nothing is worse than watching a reply where you oppo has z-fired every unit to the max number of shots. The game totally over emphasises the effect of z-fire on morale and makes it impossible to play against.

IMO the main problem with z-fire, is that there is no way to oppose it...no op-fire options.
That's what makes it unreal.
You get to pound away with z-fire and then just move in a crush any defense, the defender having meekly sat there and been hammered without returning fire.
I'd love to see a game system tweak where z-fire causes return z-fire...that'd stop it's overuse in a flash!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions about "Game rules as used by players" - by Walrus - 12-03-2015, 10:36 AM