• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
11-04-2015, 09:52 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
(11-03-2015, 07:40 AM)GerryM Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 05:31 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Would it be possible to add a "place all" function to the PB reinforcement dialog, like in FWWC?

A battalion arriving isn't much of a problem, but a regiment (not to mention a division) would require a fair amount of clicking.

Every click that can be removed through convenience helps.

I cannot understand the size of the game. A division as reinforcements? Epsom as a scenario? I thought Epsom was an operation and would be suited to PzC games. Thought PB was more platoon/company level?

Hi GerryM,

It's manageable (generally). In most cases, units are setup as full companies and that means your average battalion is 4 - 6 units. I promise you when playing there never seems enough friendly units, yet heaps of enemy ones!  Helmet Wink

At this scale a battalion vs battalion is a very small scenario with a regiment being the first 'size' to give a decent number of units. As ComradeP mentions, we have a good mix of scenario sizes as is evidenced in the scenarios shown to date and I think there should be a situation to satisfy most. I just completed a small battalion vs two companies, 7 turn scenario so we do have micro sized scenarios.

As far as Epsom, yes it's big (actually its huge), but it's broken into a scenario for each of the four days with between 24 to 27 turns in each. It's more manageable than you think, with many of the British formations fixed (as they were) waiting for their introduction into the battle. We've tried to breakout smaller scenario from the bigger battles (as we did with Kursk) and also tried to get representative examples of the different situations the combatants fought in (think bocage, think Hill 192).

Kursk is also very playable, its just that the quality differences and slog through heavy defenses in the early scenarios is a little polarising. The fact is, its a reasonable facsimile for the fighting that occurred in that battle. Normandy is no different, I'm pretty happy with how much the scenarios 'feel' like Normandy.

Hopefully, other will see/feel this once the game is released.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Strela - 11-04-2015, 09:52 PM