• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pausing vehicle and dismounting in Combat Mission 2
10-26-2015, 02:52 AM,
Pausing vehicle and dismounting in Combat Mission 2
I have a question.

It is in regard to when I have men riding in/on a vehicle.

Let's say I have men on my tank. I have orders for it to drive to a location which it will do in less than a minute. I want the men to dismount. I then want the vehicle to carry on. How do I give the troops the command to wait until the tank reaches its waypoint and then order the troops to dismount and move in the direction I want, before the vehicle (which I would like to pause for the men to dismount) moves on again?

For further illustration: I want a vehicle to move, drop off the men, and then move. How do I set the vehicle to pause at waypoint (not at the start of its move) and then order my men to dismount? So, say I move a vehicle to a waypoint. At the waypoint is it possible to hit the pause button for 20 seconds to pause its movement, and then order my men to dismount and then have the vehicle renew its movement after pausing (say at 40 second mark), and go to another waypoint. How do I set these pauses at the waypoints? How do I order my men to wait to dismount until they reach the 20 second waypoint?

In the old Berlin to Barbarossa it was clear that you moved, and could order the pause at a designated way point and also order troops to wait to dismount at that location. In Combat Mission 2 it seems there is no way to delay the dismounting. As soon as dismount is clicked, it happens, rather than allowing the troops to reach a destination and then dismount.

Assistance please. This really would help my combined arms support attacks.

Thank you.
Cpl. Krotz
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pausing vehicle and dismounting in Combat Mission 2 - by cplkrotz - 10-26-2015, 02:52 AM