• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
09-19-2015, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 01:15 AM by Xaver.)
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
Well, the first title with mixed armored units i remember is Kharkov42 and here was the old system where only appear mixed as composition (i have in mind that some btls provide more info... or was in other title???), not the type of tanks... and allways find hard notive if is a pure T-34 unit or a mixed one.

For me is a question of standarize what portrait use in the unit... the most logical is use the portrait of the more common vehicle in unit, and over this work with simbols (could be + -, colour dots, letters...) to provide the extra info that player needs.

The basic idea is:
-you see the portrait and notice whats the warhorse in unit.
-you see the symbol that say you if is an unit with bonus, no bonus or penalty (in same way you have 3+1 you can have oposite, 1+3).

Control this using art is easier than do it using engine (but using engine you can hide more time the true composition of the unit).... a + and - symbol is very intuitive and is not mixed with other info in unit box like quality/morale or fatigue.

Ummm fields... fields or villages/buildings??? i refer that i see more logical that areas with buildings offer more vision than 1 hex, in the end even a small village has a church or at least a tall building... but could be interesting know this, i remember as when kursk was released if armor moving in fields can lose camo because you cant hide a vehicle moving in a field like infantry (dust, moving the plants, noise...).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Xaver - 09-19-2015, 01:14 AM