• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
09-09-2015, 08:37 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
(09-06-2015, 02:27 AM)wiggum Wrote: Without owning PzB Kursk i think a limit of opportunity fire sounds very logic.
Especially for Infantry combat i would expect the casualties to be very low in ranged engagements as long as no mortars are involved. Fatigue and the Broken Status are the way to go i would think.

I realised I hadn't commented on this post.

Limited opportunity fire was deliberately removed from Panzer Battles as compared to 
Panzer Campaigns where there is a 3 shot limit.

With more manuever units we knew there was potential for abuse by using low value units to 'soak up' opportunity fire before committing larger units. This was a tactic that had been used on occasions with Panzer Campaigns.

It's important to keep in mind that the opportunity fire settings will impact hidden units and it's an important first action that players should check the overall settings. Individual units should be adjusted as required. The scenario default settings are usually designed to maintain hidden units, so players need to adjust accordingly.

There is a lot of subtlety to setting up defences using opportunity fire, hidden and revealed units. It's easy to surprise both sides with various configurations including infiltration due to hidden units not having a zoc or alternatively trapping advancing enemy units in a network of defences.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Strela - 09-09-2015, 08:37 PM