• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
09-05-2015, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015, 09:13 AM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
From my experience with PzB Kursk and the new PzB2, all fighting is very deadly enough.  One must spend most of the time in maneuver to achieve the superior position that leads to victory.  At most there are 3-4 turns in every ten turns that have high loss rates.  Then the dance begins again until the next heated exchange.  Panzer Battles has this ebb and flow of combat over the time and unit density scale for the game.  It excels at this aspect of WW2 combat.

Xaver,
If you want to prove out any of what you are saying about easy rushing of the enemy in tank battles, pick one of the scenarios I posted earlier in this thread and take either side.  Any side.  Just show up.  I will play Germans or Soviets.  Playing the AI and then theorizing is a good a place as any to start.  It is not a conclusion.  The AI is just not clever enough to substitute for a good human player.
Let us prove out your theories in an actual game.  This is your chance to show me something to take to the design team.  Many other members here at the blitz have answered my call for games.  Improvements to the Kursk scenarios and even the design of PzB2 have resulted from those games.  Thank you again to all who have contributed in those games with your talent, and insights.  You know who you are.  So does anyone reading my game profile here at the blitz.

ComradeP Wrote:In my best German turns against RickyB, I knocked out ~15 T-34's for a loss of 4 or so tanks of my own to return fire (and that's with smoke making sure only single tank companies can fire back), but the Soviets then knocked out 5-10 on their turn. Admittedly, my opportunity fire was rather lacking throughout the game.

If the smoke was anything like what you used in our Nepkhaevo engagement, then I can assume that RickyB (a far better player than I ) used your smoke against you like I did to isolate the German panzers from each other and clobbered them piecemeal.  Smoke is  a two edged sword in PzB.  It is not "owned".  Be careful how you use it.
I am sure those 5-10 panzers knocked out in the Soviet turn cost more T-34s.  How many?  You forgot to mention that leaving us all curious.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Dog Soldier - 09-05-2015, 09:12 AM