• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
09-01-2015, 08:38 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
(09-01-2015, 07:11 PM)Xaver Wrote: First of all thanks for the pics.

Well, 7th armored division had a very disappointing performance in the Normandy campaign... like other veteran UK formations, maybe for me they need be more D than C quality because with no separation between training and morale reflect better how they have the combat experience BUT in a total diferent terrain and of course they dont had the morale level of previous campaigns... in desert fight to win in Normandy fight to dont die.

Ummm still testing totally new scens and we talk about one covering Cherbourg assault... i have divided feelings... i want it and want it yesterday but add scens covering actions like this made waiting and patience valuable.

Again thanks for the leak, good luck with the job.

PD: ummm looks like now company HQs in armored units are present... is only for 7th or in general you remove the company HQ vehicles??? i am curious about the new feature, maybe affect single vehicle units???

PD2: JT needs explore the option of use "Early access" model on his games hehehe.

Firstly, I think 7th Armoured Division and the British Armour in Normandy is unfairly maligned.

John Buckley published the below book which builds a solid argument that the British performance was quite credible and substantially improved over time. It's well worth picking up from Amazon and having a read. The British were facing far and away the bulk of the German armour and it is arguable they were some of the best quality German formations as well.

[Image: 519R9EZ8BAL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

That said we had a think how to reflect the up and down performance of 7th Armoured and though the quality of the fighting units is actually very good we have marked down the leaders substantially. General Erskine & 'Loony' Hinde did not cover themselves in glory. Jim Crowley might recognise the last gentleman here? Wink

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20205.jpg]

200%

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20206.jpg]

Talking about tank HQ units. We changed the OB around from Kursk and included them but allowed them to combine together. See below, these are the London Yeomanry Squadron HQ troops combined. Essentially we allow you now to create an additional platoon(s) in a battalion/regiment if you like.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20207.jpg]

200%

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20208.jpg]

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Strela - 09-01-2015, 08:38 PM