• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
08-11-2015, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
I think the first six being Kriegsmarine, Heer, SS, US, US airborne and the French are correct.

I'm not sure why the colour for US airborne would be so different, but it's possible.

7 being Canada is also very likely, and my guess.

11 being British airborne is also probably true.

I'm guessing OJW had 8, 9 and 12 wrong, to use the list with the most correct guesses thus far.

8 - if it isn't Polish, my guess is Belgian, Brigade Piron. The baret is so blurry that the emblem could very well be a lion.

10, the colour being orange means it's probably Dutch. What's confusing is that the shoulder emblem is, in its blurry state, nearly identical to number 9. The Dutch didn't wear divisional insignia, but a small rectangular patch with "Prinses Irene" and a patch with a lion and the word "Nederland" below it.

Now for the problematic part.

I don't think Scottish troops are likely to be included as their own nationality. For all intents and purposes, they were integrated into the army of the United Kingdom as a whole.

Now, the Polish had no normal infantry in Normandy as far as I know, so they can't be 12. That means they can only be 9, if everything else is as I wrote above. However, Xaver guessed 12 as British and that's wrong if the first 6 are indeed what we think they are, unless Strela didn't count his guess for 6 as French because Xaver wrote Commando French.

Strictly speaking, the guess could be wrong because it would technically be United Kingdom. It isn't Commonwealth because there are no other Commonwealth countries involved aside from Canada, so it wouldn't make much sense to have a Commonwealth nation for just the UK.

Another option is that it's a Commando nationality, but as far as I know they preferred fighting with barets on. And if it's Commando, there would be no British/UK nationality on the list.

I'll have to think things over again, but I'm guessing:

1: Kriegsmarine.
2: Heer.
3: SS.
4. US.
5. US Airborne
6. French.
7. Canadian.
8. Belgian.
9. Polish.
10. Dutch.
11. British Airborne.
12. United Kingdom.

I'll also have to take a closer look at things, but it seems the locations of the Axis and Allied counters (top left - top right) are reversed compared to PB: Kursk (or that might simply depend on which side starts or which side you're playing as, I've actually never looked at it before in that detail). That's probably not what Strela means, though.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by ComradeP - 08-11-2015, 10:28 PM