• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
07-21-2015, 11:28 PM,
RE: MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
Part of the issue is the 8 bit graphics and that is in the process of being addressed. I haven't done too much on that front myself, as it sort of becomes a point of prioritizing some things in a project.

David posts teasers in here, and the mods on SDC are along the same lines as showing what swapping out 24 bit graphics will do in NB/CWB. I haven't really messed around with the CWB material as much, as I need to redo the hex grid and then eventually the alt graphics, so it still kind of doesn't look as complete as say the NB mod does (I don't even know if that one is finalised yet ... I probably am not really going to do too much with it until I am ready to start that phase of the project that I am on. I'll write something up about the process maybe at that time ... it sort of depends upon how much free time I have between things (for all I know - I might not have much at all).

It isn't perfect, as if it were I would dearly love to work with png format instead of bmp, it's sort of technical, in that png allows for true transparency and you can do some great work with shadows that you can't really do on a bmp file (the shadows amount to alternating black pixels in bmp format ... sort of a fine checkerboard type effect.).

The really interesting thing to come along for my money, are Frank Mullins' 3d map files for Antietam, which demonstrate that a single graphic file can be used for a map. I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect one of the issues with Frank's initial maps is that once they start getting into the bigger maps sizes the files are huge - much larger than any update that I have ever seen put out - I thought I saw one file of his come in at over a gb. It is some nice work, and demonstrates a lot of potential.

Mind you I have had the benefit of seeing some of Jison's other work for material other than JTS', so I know that he is far more than just a hex tile type artist... I don't even have Grigsby's Eastern front title but I do see how Jison has put those together. I am very happy to call him my mate, plus he puts up with my talking about hockey ( I think he started it though... ). Big Grin
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ? - by -72- - 07-21-2015, 11:28 PM