• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing Person
07-07-2015, 07:08 AM,
RE: Missing Person
(07-06-2015, 01:51 AM)PoorOldSpike Wrote: I've been trying to contact him too mate but have drawn a blank.
I last played him at CM about 5 years ago and he said "You're a tough little f***** to play against!" (haha) but when I dropped him a PM and email through Blitz earlier this year for old time's sake I got no reply, and I've long since forgot his home email address.

I know his name is Dennis Houghton and he must be in his late 70's by now.
The last I heard he was living in Ecuador, but my email enquiry to the Ecuador Embassy bounced, but I'll try again.
I think he lived in a city called Manta, I'll also drop an email to the local mayor and newspaper there.
In his younger days he was a Loadmaster in USAF transport planes, then went into the oil industry.
At first his wargame handle used to be Wardoggie, but he later changed it to Wardog.
I've run google searches for him with no luck.
I wrote an article about his life (with his help) about 6 years ago titled 'Loadmaster' and posted it in The Few Good Men but it seems to have vanished and I can't access the search function.

I wrote to the American Embassy in London last month and told them I was trying to find out if he was alright and this is their reply-
"I am afraid I cannot help you in this matter, usually when I person is missing in the US we suggest contacting the local police, but as this is in a South American country I do not know who you could contact."
That was surprising as I thought they'd show some interest in a missing US citizen.

I'll post in this thread if I find out anything about his whereabouts, meanwhile if anybody has snippets of info about him that might help me trace him, send me a Blitz PM..:)

Below- Dennis (Denny) Houghton (FGM pic)-
[Image: Wardog-aka-Wardoggie-Dennis-Houghton_zps...g~original]

and with Brandy his dog (Blitz pic)-
[Image: Dennis_Houghton-Wardog-and-Brandy_zpsbnq...g~original]

He was a tough hombre himself, placing 3rd out of 64 competitors in an FGM ladder season..:)

[Image: LaddAzA_zps80bb6d59.jpg~original]
I have sent you a PM .......Hope we get lucky with this Mission
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Missing Person - by Hedgehog - 03-20-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: Missing Person - by PoorOldSpike - 07-06-2015, 01:51 AM
RE: Missing Person - by Hedgehog - 07-07-2015, 07:08 AM
RE: Missing Person - by PoorOldSpike - 07-13-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: Missing Person - by Hedgehog - 07-13-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: Missing Person - by Bootie - 07-13-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Missing Person - by Richie61 - 07-13-2015, 01:01 PM