• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
05-13-2015, 10:40 AM,
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
Here is a breakdown of how the battle went.

My initial plane was to ignore the lone bridge on the right and overwatch the ford and bridge in the center with 1st platoon and the recon vehicles. theyre job was never to assault the postion just to watch my flank while 2nd and 3rd platoon accompanied by all tanks and halftracks assaulter the village supported by mortars.

the assault on the left went perfect and the tanks caught his inf in the open and destroyed 2 t-70's. the remainder of his inf was either killed by mortars or severly pinned and whiped out by my 2nd platoon. by the end of the game i had control of everything but the fishery and the bridge on the right flank, the fishery waas doomed to fall within the next turn or two as i had a platoon within 50m and halftracks providing covering fire.

his assault came from my right flank in the form of 4 t-34's with mounted infantry. 1st platoon had been watching them most of the game and got sound contacts as they crossed the bridge and moved throught the woods. in reaction i moved first platoon minus the heavy machin guns and recon vehicles into a blocking positions. while 1st platoon was getting into position the first t-34 appeared behind me, spotted by my pzsk team and near immediatly fired upon. killing the tank and most of the mounts. i also had moved my HQ pz4 into a position to block the attack while the remainder of my tanks mopped up. a second t-34 came into veiw of my pz4 and he was killed with all mounts. the other t-34's attempted to retreat not realizing i had control of the hill (or not caring) they took fire from my repositioned pzsk team and my puma was unable to move fast enough to get a shot off. they had however allowed my remaining pz4's to get into a perfect overwatch before they could retreat across the bridge, thus killing the remaining t-34' as well as the inf that where mounted. the remaining troops where cleaned up by the reinforcments as well as 1st platoon assauling the route the attack came from. final reveiw of the map revealed he had 1 platoon on the right bridge and not much else. his reinforcments had arrived but 4 platoons and 5 tanks vs his 1 platoon and 2 tanks would have been futile especially since i had map control.

The battle map (this is not the actual game, the dropbox file was deleted)

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/5364/908pT9.png
[Image: old%20ironsides.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1 - by iluvmy88 - 05-13-2015, 10:40 AM