• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
05-11-2015, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015, 11:35 PM by KeBrAnTo.)
Feedback Needed  LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
Hi all,

I don't know if any of you playing the german side of the first battle of this tournament is having the same issues I've been suffering since the beginning of the battle, that's why I'm feeling kind of frustrated with the scenario, the game, or everything at the same time.

First and more important issue so far is being the LOS issue and spotting for all my armor and vehicles.

I've spent with different panzers literally complete turns, more turns, and even more turns, changing to another spot, changing again to another, having in all positions I tried LOS (blue line) and Hull-Down position, tried all kind of armor cover arcs to see if this could help over different enemy T-34's, but my tank commanders, buttoned or not, could see absolutely nothing till they got destroyed.

Eventually, target enemy armors seems to, all of a sudden and without any action done by my armor unit that might uncover its position, acquire target over my panzers and start shooting at them, and even then, my tank commanders did not spot the enemy tanks !!!! Yikes
That happened to me in all tank encounters so far but once, that worked the other way around. Propeller Hat

Second issue is crossing bridges.

I tried to cross the bridge on the far right end of the map (German POV), and as soon as my infantry started crossing the bridge, some soldiers in a couple of squads started running the opposite way, without any apparent reason. Big Laugh
From that point on, those squads were done, as they were not attending the orders any further, as the "deserting" soldiers retained the "focus" of the whole squad, so all the orders were plotted over the deserters but not acknowledged by anyone. It's crazy, I know ... Jester

Third is artillery requests using the 88mm off-map mortars.

Well, what I could say about this particular one, no matter what LOS I have to the target, how close or far to it, how experienced is the officer requesting the artillery support as I tried few, ALL, I mean, ALL the rounds are fired out of the bounds of the scenario. Crazy

I must say my opponent is playing pretty well IMHO too, but now the battle situation is totally against me now because I've been losing tanks on the situation described above, where - I'm not saying every single time, as there is always a miss chance - , at least some of my tanks that are now destroyed should have spotted their targets and destroyed them because, as I already explained before, they spent a few turns in a row having perfect LOS tho their respective T-34 target.

I've heard before about the LOS and spotting issue in the game, the cycle spotting, etc ... but never had such a bad experience regarding that particular one. IMHO, there's certainly something there to improve the game as it is ridiculous this can actually happen.
I've seen the "deserter" behaviour in the past too, but again, never affecting as many soldiers as in this battle.

Well, there goes my thought, and frustration along with it, I just hope the next battle goes a little bit better, I just ask not to have these bugs, and to be able to lose my battles by my own decisions taken, not by the game engine's ones.

Cheers! Helmet Rolleyes
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1 - by KeBrAnTo - 05-11-2015, 04:48 PM