• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB guides and questions?
04-15-2015, 10:48 PM,
RE: SB guides and questions?
Hi thanks for the tips.

I can't seem to find anything that explains why and when units automatically fire at enemy units when it is not their sides turn (some kind of defensive fire). I can only assume that a units ability to use defensive fire is in part affected by their own status (normal, pinned, disrupted etc) and perhaps if they fired at all during their own turn. There seems to be some randomness to it as I have seen units move through hexes in the same turn and receive no fire only to have other units in the same turn move through the same hex and receive fire.

Do all units have 3 "shots" of defensive fire?

I understand that the more you fire the more the fire effectiveness % drops so firing all the time at everything and anything is not good practice but, apart from that, does not shooting in your turn make things more favorable for your unit during defensive fire in the opponents turn?

I do not understand the mechanics of spotting yet. I understand how to check LOS (visible hexes) and that you do not spot everything in your LOS immediately. What determines whether you see an enemy unit in your LOS. Is there such thing as concealment?

It is a pity that JTS did not have the wisdom to recognize that the importance of displaying key information on unit counters is just as important in a computer "board-game" like Squad Battles (and the others) as it is if he were simply designing a traditional tabletop board-game. It is incredible how so much key information is not displayed on the unit counters. I am primarily talking about the numbers of men per counter. Not doing so makes keeping track of what is happening during the game (especially when watching the enemy turn) needlessly difficult/impossible.

It is good that JTS has finally discovered how ridiculously easy and simple it is to make a 2D map for a game look 3D as far as accentuating/beveling the contours like they now do in Panzer Battles. The ability to visualize the elevations and contours on those maps are miles ahead much more easier for the player than what it is in SB. Are there any map mods in particular that make visualizing SB terrain easier?

Would be good if SB got the PB treatment.

Thanks

Bull
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SB guides and questions? - by Bullman - 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by TheBigRedOne - 04-15-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Jeff Conner - 04-15-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Bullman - 04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Jeff Conner - 04-16-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Stejones82 - 04-16-2015, 02:24 AM