• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Israeli Order of Battle questions?
03-17-2015, 06:51 AM,
Israeli Order of Battle questions?
Do we have any experts on Israeli military in our ranks?

I'm reading a lot on the Yom Kippur War to support scenario development for an expansion of the Campaign Series. I've run into a few intriguing items that I would like to develop further, but can't seem to find anything definitive on them.

1) Home Guard: Does anyone know anything about the Home Guard in the Golan. I'm reading an account of 10 Super Shermans of the Home Guard supporting one of the bunkers along the Syrian border during the 6/7 Oct 1973 fighting. I would like to see if there is more out there concerning the deployment and utilization of the Home Guard during the war.

2) Tank Turrets as part of the Israeli bunker system: I'm going through some photos linked to Google Earth and I stumbled across a series of Patton turrets w/L7 105mm guns in what appears to be a defensive line just north of Tel Hermonet (northern shoulder of the Valley of Tears). I'm looking for any information on Israeli bunkers and if they actually used the turrets as defensive elements in 1973 along the Golan.

3) Israeli Anti-tank capability: Beyond LAWs and Bazookas, what did the Israeli infantry use as anti-tank weapons in 1973?

I have a couple more books coming my way on the Israeli Army, but even the very good stuff I have now doesn't really delve into the weeds to the degree I would like.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Regards,

Jim vK
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Israeli Order of Battle questions? - by Jim von Krieg - 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: Israeli Order of Battle questions? - by Aces8 - 03-22-2015, 04:12 AM