• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-15-2015, 07:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 07:31 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
Well, maybe the problem with AT combat is how quality in german tanks is not represented in long range combat because soviets can neutralize it very easy with a short ride to close range in a simple turn with no penalties to destroy german tanks in close range very fast.

Part of the problem is that you as human can chose close range allways but not oposite, if you want attack enemy at range you need move in range but you cant retreat in enemy turn to prevent heavy casualties when he try close range (i can move my tanks to a 4 hex range, have a not very profitable turn in enemy casualties BUT he can close range on his turn side and damage your snipers at close combat with no casualties when do the ride to close range)... maybe here i like see something like in FOG and skirmisher units rules... you can set if they stand, retreat 1 hex when enemy close range or mantein a certain number of hexes between you and enemy.

I know that 2 Tigers are not invincible BUT in a 1 hour range duel at 1000m only destroy 1 T-34 from a company of 10... AND when after lose the tank close range in 1 turn to destroy both Tigers in same turn with no casualties.... you cant sell as historical that 2 tigers only destroy 1 T-34 in 90 minutes and be at same time destroyed in flat terrain with no cover for attacker T-34s BUT with both Tigers in good defensive positions.

I plan buy PzB2 first day but i know what are the game limitations in AT combat and they are engine limitations because simple now cant represent in a correct way the tactical fights using AT units, in the long battle results are "historical" but more because with no recover factors and after infantry suffer a lot you need use tanks more and expose them more in combat and suffer more casualties when in real life they stay in 2nd line.

Steel Panthers III was at same scale than PzB but offer more details in the armored combat by far and work better, same with Campaign Series.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released - by Xaver - 03-15-2015, 07:29 PM