• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-15-2015, 10:22 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
(03-15-2015, 02:02 AM)wiggum Wrote: Sorry but a wargame named "Panzer" Battles should provide realistic Armor vs. Armor or Armor vs. AT Gun combat.
So if AT combat is bad or mediocre at best then i think the setting is badly chosen
Even in RV it is ok becouse tanks just support the infantry most of the time but in a game with operational tank battles a top noth AT and Armor simulation/rule book is a must have.

And you're basing your 'unrealistic' comment on what?

We continue to add armor specific features in the latest patch and the game as released was a very good facsimile for the loss rates and quantum at Kursk.

Don't be swayed by those that believe two Tiger tanks should by divine right hold off a brigade of Russian armor( 60 vehicles) on a regular basis. These were very much exceptions rather than the rule.

People are expecting Steel Panthers fidelity (individual vehicle on vehicle) for a 30 minute turn, platoon based game. That level of fidelity, was never part of the design - for example, facing was deliberately not built in.

We are listening to the community and trust me we have debated internally many of the proposals made. But in many cases its a scale consideration, does it make sense at a grand tactical level?

Despite the 'Panzer' in the Panzer Battles title I believe this is much more a combined arms simulator. No particular arm dominates, but has to be used in tandem to the other. I think the game gets that right more often than not. As we look at game engine changes its more with that in mind than trying to add features that at the end of the day add little or even break that model.

Every game system will have proponents and detractors, only the individual can decide whether the subject matter is for them.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released - by Strela - 03-15-2015, 10:22 AM