• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-10-2015, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 12:26 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
I'm hoping something like making opportunity fire at range S (as in: whatever the range is that is defined as S in the opportunity fire settings screen) far more likely to happen would already help.

But yeah, being able to keep moving when fired at makes it very difficult to keep some distance between two armoured forces. Soviet tank units can swarm German units without much risk of opportunity fire, unless there are a LOT of German tanks.

It remains peculiar that the results are partially based on the reasoning that a single tank (or gun) shouldn't be able to take out multiple targets, whilst in the vast majority of cases you're using 5-10 or so tanks in one attack. In practice, this means that those 5-10 tanks tend to knock out just one or two enemy tanks in half an hour, which really doesn't cut it for the Germans when facing larger numbers of enemy tanks.

Mechanically speaking, tank and gun units are treated as single entities in terms of the results they deliver, which is also why I rarely move gun units with my forces. The infantry guns remain parked where they start/appear as the risk of losing them to interdiction or artillery fire far outweighs their potential impact.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released - by ComradeP - 03-10-2015, 12:23 AM